Friday, December 4, 2009

Missing in action

Hi ya! It has been a while since I last blogged here. Life hasn't been quite easy recently. First of all, it was quite tough for me to get back to our normal daily routine in Houston after spending 3 wonderful months in Europe. It didn't help much when we had to come back to an empty house as Scott had to leave for Argentina before we made it home.  I was quite depressed for a wee bit while Scott was slaving away in Argentina. To make the matter worse, before I even have time to cope with my emotional problem, we were told Scott had a tumour within his spinal cord and a surgery needed to be scheduled ASAP a few day after he got back from Argentina. It wasn't easy at all but we were so lucky to have Ms Carole who was willing to come across the pond to give us a hand. Or else we would definitely unable to pull it through ourself. We owed you a BIG thanks, Ms Carole! =)


I have been quite busy lately.... Taking care of the patient, attending to the little king's needs , growing my winter garden and also busy whipping up blankies and toys for the little ones. I always find making craft and knitting are therapeutic and they also keep me sane. =) 


A couple weeks ago, my neighbour kindly lend me her sewing machine and here are a couple of my first attempts of making dolls - my new found love, playing with fabric! =) The doll (based on the pattern from talented Emily Martin through Martha Stewart's website) is a wee Christmas gift for my niece, Mya and the wee bunny is for the wee king. The wee King loves his wee bunny and he calls it "xiao tu zi"- wee bunny in Chinese. I am quite happy with the result consider I haven't been using the sewing machine in ages. I am sure I will be busy whipping up more dolls in the coming days as it keeps me really happy to make and give! =) 

6 comments:

沈伊 said...

oh wow !!! new hobby!! hmm ... not really. You used to make barbie doll's cloths, did you? hehehehe ... is just the hidden skill is floating back up again. yay !! The doll is really adorable and the bunny - something really different.

I hope all things go well from now on and no more unfortunate.Do take good care ok?


p/s: i got all the things you wanted except those books set. will send a package to you guys soon. Hope it will make it before Xmas. :)

沈伊 said...

oh by the way, the scarf, so warm and bright. LOVE IT.

Ash said...

Thanks for the encouragement! =) Yap! I used to make clothes for my Barbie doll with my mum sewing machine and it's was ages ago!

Thanks for the X'mas package in advance! =)

Eunice said...

Wow! I love your projects! =) You are a wonderful mom whom are good in bakery and knitting! Hormat hormat hormat, hahaha!

I've the feeling that you were busy with Scott and stuff in the past few weeks. And, that's why you were not into blogging. I hope everything goes well now with your family, esp Scott. Take it as a small holiday at home. =)

Christmas is coming soon. Merry Christmas!!!!!! Muak Muak! (I still remember the gift exchange we had in San Jose, haha!)

Randomness said...

The dolls are cute...i like them! ^_^V

Randomness said...

and ah...hope everything is fine soon.....take care!