Tuesday, January 9, 2007

The starting point of my blogging adventure...

After reading so many inspiring and interesting knitting blogs online, I feel like I should start one for my knitting adventure too! I have been debating whether to name this blog “Bunny knits” or “The wee ewe” for quite a while. After discussing with Scott, I finally decided to go with “Wee Bunny knits” since I was born in the year of the rabbit according to the Chinese calendar. Yep! Yep! I am a bunny rabbit!! =)

I started knitting when I was about 12 year old and my very first project was a vest. A blue woolly vest that was way too big and not to mention I couldn’t even wear it in Malaysia tropical climate. Well… the reason why it was way too big is plain simple: I didn’t check my gauge. I have to admit even up until these days, I still have the tendency to dive right into a project without checking gauge; therefore it explains my preference for knitting shawls and scarves. Most of the time, gauge will not be too much of an issue when it comes to shawls and scarves. We will still be able to wear them when they are not the exact size as the pattern presented.

I have been knitting on and off since the first time I was introduced to yarns and needle by my cousin almost 20 years ago. It has always been a joy to knit up little gifts for friends and family. I have a list of project that I want to knit for myself, and yet I am still busy knitting little gifts for friends for their birthday. I love sending out my knitting gift to family and friends as I am sending out my love to them.

I did not take knitting seriously until about five months ago when we were preparing for our trip to Scotland. It would be the first time I meet Scott's mum and granny and therefore I would like to get them something nice. WhileI was looking for an idea on the gift that’s when the light bulb went off: How about a knitted gift? It would be nice as a present for our first meeting. I wanted to give them something practical and yet meaningful at the same time. Ah ha! A clapotis for mom and a Kimono shawl from folk shawl for granny!! Ever since, I am obsessively addicted to knitting and yarn! For the previous holiday season, I knitted 7 beanies and 3 scarfs forfamily and friends. I love the idea of my little knitted gifts will be keeping them warm in the winter! =)

I am currently working on a scarf, a shawl, a sweater, a pair of sock and…… Well, there are always too many WIPs going on at the same time. I will upload some pictures of my FOs and WIPs when I get a chance. =)

1 comment:

沈伊 said...

oh.. I've got your knitted jumper with hook. The off white colour one. Aunty daisy ask me to donate it after she didn't bring it with her to yours. I didn't donate it and i wore it once, it is SO WARM !!! so I kept it and it become part of my winter collection now. Happen that knitted wear is current winter trend !!
THANK YOU !!