Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sleepless nights

There have been countless sleepless nights since we came back from Malaysia. BE was perfectly fine while we were over at my parents' in Malaysia. For some reasons, he started waking up all night demanding for food after coming home. In fact, it has become worse since then, he won't stop crying and refuse to take naps during the day. I am sure he feel helpless since his mum can't figure out what's going on in the little mind of his. Trust me, I tried everything and I am exhausted too. I wish there is a foolproof parenting book available out there helping mum like me! I need help on getting my wee man to sleep, to eat properly and to stop crying. Anyone out there has any suggestion that would help is welcome to leave some comments.

He was crying away not long ago... and now he is cooing away in his little crib... I wish I can speak his language in order to figure out what my wee man is trying to tell me. My mum called on Sunday night to check on her little grandson.I told her the situation and she suggested me to make a trip to the Chinese Temple to say a prayer. Well... Yesterday, me, brother, sis-in-law and the wee man went to the temple in Chinatown and said our prayers. Let's hope for the best people!

It has been more than a week since we thought about letting BE sleep in his own room. But he was still sleeping in our room as of last night due to his parents (well...mostly his dad) are suffering from separation anxiety. But we have a little achievement to share: we were able to put the wee man to sleep in his own little crib. so... he is sleeping in his own little space since yesterday. It wasn't easy but we did it! =) Although I love my wee man tremendously, I have to admit I am also tired of sharing my bed with him. Sometimes I wander whether that makes me a bad mummy since I am not even willing to share my bed with my son? There are many parents co-sleeping with their wee ones and enjoying every bit of it. As for Scott and I, we think it's better for the wee man to have his own little space and we have ours at the same time.

I am desperately hoping to get BE back on his little routine as I would be able to plan my day and stop being a walking Zombie. As of right now, there is no daily schedule and therefore, I find my day to be very unpredictable due to the wee man unpredictable behavior. It is going to be tough, but I am sure with patience and a lots of TLC, we will help the litle one get there slowly but surely.


My dear son, when are you going to sleep like a wee baby again?

No comments: